Saturday, April 11, 2009

THE END.

Last night, I wrote out those very words.

It was a clumsy, crummy ending with lots of [ADD DETAILS HERE!!11] and muttering about how unhappy I was with it (too many sentences like "...then Themistocles talked to this person and got an idea. Then he did the idea and then went back to Magnesia.")

STILL, I have SOMETHING like a first draft written down, clusmy and clunky as it may be. And now that my Sony Vaio is FINALLY working again I can take all 5 notebooks containing my novel and type them up on the computer. After that a LOT of adding and subtracting until I actually have a decent piece of work fit to pass along to a willing agent and or editor.

And now Meghan is going to start typing up her novel. :D

7 comments:

Scott Oden said...

HOORAY!!!

Take a little time to celebrate, Meghan! Finishing is a great accomplishment, and one you should be justly proud of!

Congrats!

Meghan said...

Thanks! I'm super excited I can start typing this up and really looking at it. My sister gave me her flash drive too so I can save it w/o having to use 100 floppy disks.

Now if I could only find that one missing notebook I'd be set to go...

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Always a great moment.

Congratulations!

Meghan said...

Thanks Jason! It means a lot that so many talented authors are giving me thumbs up. :D

Carla said...

Congratulations! It's a wonderful feeling.

D.A. Riser said...

Kudos on reaching the end. That is fabulous news. I'm glad to see I'm not the only with the "Add details here" notes littering my WIP.

Gabriele Campbell said...

Congrats!