Thursday, June 28, 2012

Kratos vs. Leonidas: This. Is. SPARTA!!!

If you've read my blog long enough, you've probably figured out that I'm a huge video game fan. And since I also LOVE Ancient Greek history, it stands to reason that I enjoy Sony Santa Monica's God of War series, starring everybody's favorite angry Spartan, Kratos. But is Kratos an accurate depiction of a real Spartan warrior?  Let's compare a picture of him to a statue of a real-life Spartan with a graphic I made and find out!



What do you guys think? :)

4 comments:

Mark said...

Hey, long time no see:) Neat that you're working at IGN. Also, in regards to Spartans...well I think each figure shows what was valued at the time, i.e. robes and long hair equaled masculinity in ancient times and today bald dudes with washboard abs seems to do the trick:)

Crystal said...

I thought all Greeks had the washboard abs?At least that's what the movie 300 showed me! ;p

Meghan said...

Washboard abs are also portrayed in Greek statues...so I'm gonna say yes! <3

Shaun Baker said...

Hysterical. The guy on the left is so tough he doesn't need hoplite gear.